In the name of Allah the Merciful
Amidst the ongoing war waged by the Yemeni government against our southern people, their just cause, the national achievements, and against the escalating aggression led by the Northern forces targeting this time the governorate of Shabwa and the heroic elite forces, we reiterate that our southern people will not remain silent and will continue to protect the south from the return of defeated terrorist groups, which operate under the watch of the Yemeni government.
Therefore we would like to stress the following:
- We welcome the contents of the Saudi-UAE Joint Statement issued on Monday, August 26, 2019.
- We affirm the contents of the Southern Transitional Council's statement issued last Friday, 23 August 2019, in response to the call of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and our commitment to the ceasefire and de-escalation in Shabwa.
Whilst denouncing the non-commitment of the Yemeni government, we renew our commitment to continue our partnership with the brothers in the Arab Coalition in the fight against the Iranian agenda in the region, the Houthi militias, as well as our participation in the fight against terrorism, which is active under the umbrella of the Yemeni government.
This was apparent by the recent aggression on the governorate of Shabwa, whereby armed terrorist groups led by the Muslim Brotherhood aimed to reoccupy the governorate.
- We call on the Arab Coalition to put in place appropriate mechanisms to monitor the ceasefire.
- We call on the southern resistance forces fighting Houthi militias outside the southern borders to take a clear position on what is happening from the aggression and the flow of northern forces to the south under the watch of the Yemeni government to fall under their control again. It's no longer acceptable to try to liberate northern areas when they continue to direct their war on the South.
- We hold the Yemeni government fully responsible for targeting Shabwani elite forces and re-empowering terrorist organizations and extremist groups in Shabwa governorate after it had been secured.
We call on the international community to take a clear position and support southern forces in their fight against those groups that target regional security and maritime navigation.
- We affirm our continued commitment to support the Shabwani elite forces, and strengthen them by all means that enable them to continue their role in fighting terrorism and securing the governorate.
Compassion and forgiveness for our righteous martyrs
Full recovery of the wounded and freedom for our heroes' families
Glory and eternity to our valiant southern people
Peace, mercy and blessings of God
The capital, Aden
Monday, August 26, 2018